30 Credit Hour and Change in Class Standing Initiative
We encourage students to register for at least 15 credit hours a semester (ultimately 30 a year) to progress toward their degree in 4 years or less:
In order to be in good academic standing at Morehouse College, a student must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 and be on course to graduate in four years.
Good Academic Standing : On Course to Graduate in 4 Years
- Registered for 15+ credit hours, complete all major requirements, and semester GPA and cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Semester GPA and cumulative GPA are 2.0 or higher.
Students on academic warning remain in good academic standing. However, they are at-risk of being placed on academic probation and of not graduating in four years due to the following:
- Major is not declared by the time one has earned 30 credit hours.
- If student has not averaged 15 credit hours per semester.
- If student receives two or more failing grades at mid-term.
- Student does not proceed through prescribed sequence of courses as determined by Department.
- If a student's semester cumulative GPA falls below 2.0; he will be placed on academic probation with the opportunity to improve his GPA through guided mandatory assistance. This probationary status will be noted on official transcript.
- Students who are on academic probation will not be permitted to enroll in more than 15 semester hours. In addition, no student, while on academic probation, is eligible for active participation in any college organization that officially represents the institution or involves leaving campus or missing classes.
- Students who remain on probation at the end of the spring semester should consider attending Morehouse Summer School to improve their GPA and remove academic probation status.
- If a student is on probation and his cumulative GPA does not improve above a 2.0, he can be separated from the College for one year.
- If after returning to the College after separation a student's semester GPA and cumulative GPA are below 2.0; he will be dismissed from the College.